Wing policies you'd like to see changed/added

Go down

Wing policies you'd like to see changed/added

Post by jeders on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Ever since the 60-3 supplement came out a few months ago, I've been wondering how many people like the current policies and how many dislike them and what some people here would like to see done to make life in TXWG a little easier or better.

First on my hit parade is the 60-3 supplement. In the supp. it states that only evaluators approved by wing can sign off on tasks and that a paper copy of the SQTR must go to wing HQ to be approved and then the info will be entered into eServices by someone on wing ES staff.

Now the first part of that I actually like. When SET was introduced I foresaw everyone and there dog becoming SET qualified before even trying to do anything else, which is backwards. So for that reason I'm glad that there's a set list of who can and cannot approve things. Of course this brings up the little problem of what happens when someone goes to another wing to get training?

My problem though is mostly with the second part. Is it just me or are people trying to take us backwards instead of forward. I think we should drop the requirement of sending in more paperwork when we have a computer system already in place to do this. Besides, it's not like they can't still check the evaluator list to make sure that the CAPID number listed on the computer SQTR matches a CAPID on the evaluator list. In my opinion, more paperwork which delays qualifications is bad.

Next is the safety supplement. Most of it I have little problem with because sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get people to even have a safety meeting, so here we need a little more pressure I think. But what I don't get is the requirement to send in a PA for every activity that someone goes to. Assuming that the squadron is doing there job by entering this info into the WMU, then shouldn't wing staff and activity directors be able to find that info on WMU? If they can look it up on WMU, then this is just more redundancy and paperwork for the sake of paperwork.

Also. apparently there's a uniform supplement coming out sometime that requires the wing patch to be worn on the BDUs and BBDUs. As much as I love more bling, can we please not do this. I see no benefit in having the wing patch on our uniforms.

Oh well, those are my thoughts, please give your thoughts on wing policies and what you think can be done to make the program better overall. Who knows, maybe if enough people here agree we can get someone at wing to listen to us Laughing

jeders

Number of posts : 30
Name : Jed Taylor
Grade : 1st Lt
Squadron : Lubbock Composite Squadron
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wing policies you'd like to see changed/added

Post by killerinfantry13 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:39 pm

I agree about the safety supplement, I think it's pretty redudant especially if your squadron commander has already signed your 31a for activities that requires a 31a.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression the wing patch was already required to be worn on your BDUs. Or was it until this supplement your talking about comes out, that it was at the squadron commander's discretion?

Number of posts : 22
Name : Zach Bannon
Grade : C/2d Lt
Squadron : TX-442 Kerrville Composite Squadron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeders on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:23 am

My guess is that someone said they wanted it to be worn on the BDUs, but until a supplement is published, it is 100% optional on the BBDUs/BDUs.

That's another general problem, wing staff says that things should be done a certain way, but never given written guidance. So if you're not in direct contact with someone from wing, you don't have a clue about what's going on.

jeders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtniedrauer on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:20 pm

A problem I have is with the whole "SET List" thing you talked about. I agree that such a thing should exsist. But when you have to be on a first name basis with the Wing Commander to get on there, then you have a problem. The list should be based upon proficiency, and not how many people you know.
sgtniedrauer

Number of posts : 21
Name : Isaac Niedrauer
Grade : C/SMSgt
Squadron : Tyler Composite Squadron
Registration date : 2007-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeders on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 pm

sgtniedrauer wrote:A problem I have is with the whole "SET List" thing you talked about. I agree that such a thing should exsist. But when you have to be on a first name basis with the Wing Commander to get on there, then you have a problem. The list should be based upon proficiency, and not how many people you know.

Fortunately, at least when the new supp came out, being personally acquainted with the wing king isn't necessary. Just get your squadron commander to right a PA naming you an evaluator.

But I do agree that this could turn into a totally political thing where the wing staff only allow certain people to be evaluators, regardless of quals.

jeders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by admiral_pm6 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:00 am

Oh that supplement is on its way I promise. I wrote it with Jordan Wright, and after editing, the wing patch was included so be prepared.
admiral_pm6

Number of posts : 21
Name : Cilino
Grade : C/Lt Col
Squadron : Pegasus for now
Registration date : 2008-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down