Texas Wing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American History HELP for the TAKS!

4 posters

Go down

American History HELP for the TAKS! Empty American History HELP for the TAKS!

Post by MajorCarrales Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:12 pm

I'm an 8th Grade American History Teacher in Kinsgville, Texas. This is the place I plan to post info about American History to help you pass the TAKS so you can get those teachers (my brothers and sisters in education) off your backs!!!

1607-1877!!! Visit back and be sure to poste questions!!!

MajorCarrales
Head of Forum News Staff

Number of posts : 12
Name : Joe Carrales
Grade : Major
Squadron : Corpus Christi Composite Squadron
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

American History HELP for the TAKS! Empty Re: American History HELP for the TAKS!

Post by sgt1918 Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:32 am

Ok, I actually do have a question. What was the name of the financial manager for the continental congress during the revolutionary war? I know that wasn't actually his title, but I forget what it was. nope As I recall, he contributed significant funds to the war from his personal savings, but he stepped down from his position after a political scandal that he took responsibility for. I can't find his name anywhere though. Mad
sgt1918
sgt1918
Basic
Basic

Name : Josiah Niedrauer
Grade : C/SMSgt
Squadron : Tyler Composite Squadron

Back to top Go down

American History HELP for the TAKS! Empty Re: American History HELP for the TAKS!

Post by Add01 Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:39 pm

I will be checking here... Smile I am a 8th grade history geek!!! Love it. Especially WWII. We do debates too in my school and I love debating history!! Very Happy
Add01
Add01
Administrator

Number of posts : 18
Name : Addison Jaynes
Grade : C/A1C
Squadron : Lakeshore Composite Squadron
Registration date : 2007-12-08

http://captoday.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorCarrales Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:54 am

sgt1918 wrote:Ok, I actually do have a question. What was the name of the financial manager for the continental congress during the revolutionary war? I know that wasn't actually his title, but I forget what it was. nope As I recall, he contributed significant funds to the war from his personal savings, but he stepped down from his position after a political scandal that he took responsibility for. I can't find his name anywhere though. Mad

Haym Salomon, was a major Financeer of the American Revolution...

"IN the pantheon of American Jewish heroes, Haym Salomon (1740-1785) has attained legendary status. His life was brief and tumultuous, but his impact on the American imagination was great. The U.S. Postal Service issued a stamp hailing Salomon as a "Financial Hero of the American Revolution."

Read more about it here...

[url] http://www.jewishworldreview.com/jewish/salomon.asp [/url]

John Hancock was also a wealthy financial HERO of the American revolution.

For more on Finance from the NEW REPUBLIC/FEDERALIST PERIOD, i.e. after the American Revolution, ALEXANDER HAMILTON is the man you are looking for. He created the American Monatary System as we know it today with a decimal system.

MajorCarrales
Head of Forum News Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dad2-4 Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:21 pm

I'll try to help as well. I taught World Geography for the past 5 years, then this year switched to 8th grade US History.
Maj. Carrales, you have company here in the education profession. TUp1
Dad2-4
Dad2-4

Number of posts : 17
Name : K. Milligan
Grade : SM
Squadron : TX360
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorCarrales Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:05 am

Dad2-4 wrote:I'll try to help as well. I taught World Geography for the past 5 years, then this year switched to 8th grade US History.
Maj. Carrales, you have company here in the education profession. TUp1

Outstanding, I look forward to it. TAKS is a real issue for CAP Cadets in Texas, let us work to make it less of a problem and more of solution.

MajorCarrales
Head of Forum News Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down